Automotive Aftermarket Fragmentation Varies by Product Segment
CLEVELAND, Nov. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The degree of industry fragmentation in the automotive aftermarket varies considerably from one product segment to another. Batteries, lamps and lighting, and spark plugs and other ignition system components are the most concentrated. In each of these product segments, the eight largest suppliers account for more than 70% of the regional sales total in value terms. The most fragmented industry segments are air conditioning and engine cooling components, electronic components, and powertrain components. These and other trends are presented in North America Automotive Aftermarket Competitor Analysis, a new study from The Freedonia Group, a Cleveland-based industry research firm.
For more information on the study, see the following link: https://www.freedoniagroup.com/industry-study/north-america-automotive-aftermarket-competitor-analysis-by-product-3578.htm
The leading manufacturers in the batteries, lamps and lighting, and spark plug segments benefit from:
- substantial economies of scale and scope
- established supply arrangements with leading auto parts retailers
- well-known brand names, supported by sizable advertising and promotion budgets
These factors prevent other suppliers from gaining significant market shares. Nevertheless, these more concentrated segments of the North American automotive aftermarket continue to attract additional competition because of their substantial size and the stable nature of demand.
In the most fragmented segments – air conditioning and engine cooling components, electronic components, and powertrain components – these factors play a significant role:
- In the air conditioning and engine cooling and powertrain product segments, a sizable number of small remanufacturers and rebuilders are active in local marketplaces.
- In the electronic component aftermarket, industry fragmentation reflects the participation of numerous parts producers operating out of China and other low-cost countries in Asia.
- #3577 North America Automotive Aftermarket (November 2017)
- #3548 Automotive Aftermarket for Batteries & Ignition System Components in North America (July 2017)
- #3547 Automotive Aftermarket for Electronic Components in North America (September 2017)
- #3534 Automotive Aftermarket for Filters in North America (June 2017)
- #3512 Automotive Aftermarket for Brake Parts in North America (April 2017)
- #3505 Automotive Aftermarket for Powertrain Components in North America (March 2017)
About The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com – The Freedonia Group is a leading international industrial research company publishing more than 100 studies annually. Since 1985, we have provided research to customers ranging in size from global conglomerates to one-person consulting firms. More than 90% of the industrial companies in the Fortune 500 use Freedonia Group research to help with their strategic planning. Studies can be purchased at www.freedoniagroup.com, www.marketresearch.com, and www.profound.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/automotive-aftermarket-fragmentation-varies-by-product-segment-300563616.html
SOURCE The Freedonia Group